Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Remembrance Day

Hullo, Sergeant Sandy Bear here, member of the RCMP Bear Squad. We had Remembrance Day up here on November 11 and I was chosen to participate in the parade and ceremony. It's a big honour and I made sure my uniform was spiffy and snappy!

The humans didn't have a great place to view the service but...

This guy sure did. Apparently, the roofs in the area were crawling with RCMP snipers... just in case.

 Here we go... first the flag bearers...

Then the pipe band... apparently they were formed in the 1870s and have been playing at every Remembrance Day service since it was initiated.

Then we had the veterans... and then the military... and then the RCMP!

There's the RCMP dog... he barked everytime there was commands yelled out... I am... where am I... I think I've already marched by... like I said, the humans didn't have a great view!

Some Navy Cadets too... Then the wreaths were laid on the cenotaph which took a long time...

Finally!! There I am!!!

It's now become traditional for people to leave their poppies around the cenotaph... "In Flanders Fields the poppies grow..."

4 comments:

  1. Always like seeing you in your snappy RCMP uniform. It matches the poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Very respectful for Remembrance Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Droopy - Thanks Droopy - it is a snazzy uniform.
    @LF - thanks - my humans said the rain was getting her eyes but... I know better.
    @Ajdin - thanks Ajdin... I always try to stand beary still... and usually manage it beary well!

    ReplyDelete