Friday, May 6, 2016

They're Here!!!

***Editor's Note***
Well... came back from shopping today and... the new carport gate was ajar. That's not a good sign!

After peeking through the opening... the sound of voices could be heard... very excited little voices...

Ah-hah!!! I see some little bears!

Yup... there they are... Sylvester (cub reporter for Bears Lairs magazine)... Sandy and... that must be Jerry & Ben!

".... I'm pretty sure that was a bumble bee of the genus Bombus..."
"... no no... that was definitely a Mason bee of the genus Osmia... didn't you see the colour"
"... you're all wrong... that was most assuredly a honey bee from the genus Apis... I'm sure of it..."
"... who caresssss!!!!... there's beez and that means there's honeeee!!!"

"... well... not always... some bees don't make a lot of honey.... they don't even have hives"
"... that's true... but, did you see the pollen sacs on the legs... wow... I mean... that must mean..."
"... pollen means honeeee!!!!! Let's follow them!!"

Suddenly Sandy saw me and... well...

"Mama!!!! Mama I'm home!!"

"Oh my goodness... it's sooooo good to be home!!! I can't believe how green it is here and how hot and... did you miss me?? I missed you!! I missed the yard and the house and our adventures and the cats and..."

"Oh... I forgot... Mama!! This is Jerry and Ben!!"

"Hi Sandy's Mama!!! Wow... you sure have a lovely herb garden... I can't wait to check out everything that's in here. Are we making rhubarb relish soon. I brought my apron! Do you have basil yet?"

"Your flowers are super beary nice... we were just admiring the beez on the chive and lavender flowers... there must be honey around here somewhere! I brought my gardening apron cause I want to help with the flowers and maybe even the veggies too"

In the background sat Sylvester, eyeing all the commotion... and noticing something that none of the other bears had seen...

A jar of honey lying on the ground!

"Heh-heh... they dropped this when they jumped up... can't let good honey go to waste!"

But Sylvester is a nice bear and everyone gathered for a group photo... smile and say "honeeeee"!

Jerry and Ben look a bit excited to be here... but a seasoned observer can see that they are a bit tired around the ears. Maybe time for a nap.

"ooohhh.... nap" said Jerry, "that's a beary good idea... of course we'll need a hot chocolate first... bears always sleep better after that..."

As for Sandy... "Mama... I am super beary hot in my winter/spring outfit. I need shorts... and I need them now!"

More later... (editor might need a nap too... four beary excited little bears... oh boy...)

7 comments:

  1. To the editor: Bearby-sitting is very hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the editor: Entertaining four bears is going to be hard work but fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see adventures galore in the days and weeks ahead.

      Delete
    2. I am keeping ym paws crossed that you visit this place.

      http://tugwellcreekfarm.com/

      Delete
  3. I love the 6th picture! The little bench is perfect for two little bears!

    ReplyDelete