Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Heading Home

The day before we headed home from Gramma's, I got to got out for another hike! There was another sign that said "Bear in the Area. Use Caution". How did they know I was coming???

I don't see any bears... other than Yours Truly.

It is beautiful out here...

The horsetails were out and looked beary cute with the sun shining through them.

The river is a bit low...

Which means we can walk through some of the side channels...

And look for rocks!! There are all sorts of rocks in this river - blue, green purple, red, grey, striped and speckled... Mama would say igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary but... I like my classification better.

Mama is looking for a particular kind of river rock... so I will let her look while I admire the fall leaves.

Ahhh... she has found a rock... it is purple with green bits inside. She says it's a volcanic porphyry...

When we got home, Gramma was getting dinner ready...

I wonder... could it be???

Yes!!! Salmon steaks!!! Have I mentioned what a beary great Gramma I have?

Yummm... rice... with carrots and peas (from the garden) and salmon... yumm!

It was great to visit Gramma and have so many adventures...

8 comments:

  1. What a beary nice way to end your trip. Did your gramma have some of the "back alley" bread for dinner as well or is she saving that for another time???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no... no bread for dinner. Gramma slices it and then freezes it. She won't get another supply for several months so has to stock up when she does get down to PG!

      Delete
  2. We think that caution bear sign just might be put there to remind visitors to hide their honey, hot chocolate, and cookies, because there are a few bears who like to sneak a few treats...mostly Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beary true!! How did they know I was coming?? They probably saw me from a distance and thought it was Jerry!! His reputation precedes him!

      Delete
  3. Your gramma is beary cool and gets extra points for the salmon steaks! My gramma also makes my mom and I salmon whenever we visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass that along to Gramma. She sure knows how to show a little bear a good time, that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. We enjoyed your post about visiting grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hammie! I am enjoying seeing so many Hammie mini-adventures!

      Delete