Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sandy is Disappointed

Just so you know... November is a big month for little bears, especially of my lineage. It is the month when the new winter fashions come out. Today is November 2... and new little bear outfits show up online and in the stores. I was excited beyond belief at the thought of a new winter outfit... my green puffy coat is getting a bit dingy... So I rousted Mama out of bed beary early this morning and at the crack of 6 am, we were at the store... While Mama ordered a hot chocolate, I whizzed through the store looking for the new outfit... Nothing!!

Turns out this store doesn't get the new little bear outfits... but there is another one in town that does... Now I had to be patient... which I do not do beary well. Eventually, after many deep sighs from me... Mama took pity on me and we browsed to the online store to look at the new outfits...

I stared at the screen and blinked. It was a jail bear?? Noooo... it was... it was... ahhhh!!! This little bear let out a piteous wail and collapsed in a trembling heap. The new winter 2013 outfit was... a dress!! What!? But... but... but... trembling sighs and tremulous whimpers rent the air (this bear can be a bit dramatic).

Mama patted my back while I sat in stunned shock. She sort of understands, she said, because she doesn't wear dresses either but... that's not the same! But maybe this was just a Canadian outfit? Maybe the US outfit was different? I poked Mama to check and... no... it was exactly the same. A designer dress... for a girl bear... sigh...

I dragged my disappointed bear bum out of the store, ears drooping and tail dragging in the dust (of course I don't have a tail, but you get the idea). Maybe next year...

4 comments:

  1. WHAT? Girl clothes? Ben is very upset. Jerry just say "Eh,...do we have more honey?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Jerry needs a reality check... Girl clothes!! Sigh... I guess the girl bears need some new outfits too. But the least they could have done was have both girl and bear outfits... grumble, grumble...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that is too sad - but maybe mama can make you a jail suit for a boy bear - that would be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JoAnn - Maybe... but Mama barely knows the front end of a needle from the back end. Gramma is here at the moment and she was tut-tutting over my custom made little bear clothes that I got made in Vietnam... sigh... apparently I am going to look like a skater-dude bear and there is no getting around that... I need an in-house seamstress!

    ReplyDelete